The holidays is all about sparkle, glimmer, and glow. What better way to bring these magical elements into your holiday traditions than to create some stunning light-up diy holiday pieces! Here are three of our favourite ways to use our trendy string lights.
Light-up Garland Overflowing with Greenery
Tap into this years hottest trend by creating a custom light-up holiday garland overflowing with greenery! This lush Christmas decoration can be hung during the holidays or all year round. Hang it on the wall, mantle piece, or banister! Drape a strand of waterfall lights over your final product to add a touch of festive sparkle.
- 1x XX7113 Legacy Mixed Foliage Garland
- 12x 6366 Eucalyptus Flower Spray Pink
- 4x 6161 Staghorn Hanging Bush Grey
- 1x XX7945 Waterfall Light 350led
- Hot Glue Gun
- Layout the Legacy Mixed Foliage Garland and spread out the different pieces to add volume.
- Using the wire-cutters, trim each eucalyptus and staghorn stem, breaking each piece up into smaller pieces.
- Attach the different eucalyptus and staghorn pieces wildly to the garland using the hot glue gun.
- When the glue has dried, hang the final piece on the wall and drape the waterfall light strands throughout.
Light-Up Willow Wreaths
Willow wreaths make an ideal base for any festive project. While covering them with lush greenery and Christmas trims can be stunning, sometimes a more minimalistic look and feel is the way to go. Hang them inside or outside, on the front door or clustered together on a wall. These gorgeous wreaths are pretty simple to put together and beautiful to look at!
- Any of our willow wreaths!
- Any of our Indoor & Outdoor Floral Lights!
- Duct Tape
- Attach the end of the light chain to the willow wreath by wrapping around once and twisting to secure.
- Once secured, carefully wrap the entire wreath in the light chain by moving it in and out of the frame.
- Keep wrapping until you’ve run out of chain!
- Hang the wreath and either tuck the battery pack behind it or toss it over the top of the door and secure with duct tape.
Light-up Burgundy & Gold Garland
The table is set, candles are lit, and your big Christmas feast is almost done... now all you need is a jaw-dropping table runner to top it all off! We can’t get enough of this moody Christmas colour scheme. Warm burgundy greenery and dusty gold accents covered in a strand of beautiful lights. This modern and elegant table runner will sure make your dinner guests “Ooooo” and “ahhhh”!
- 12x 6451 Aspen Leaf 92.5cm
- A mix of RTC Ritz Christmas Range champagne succulent picks (XX7480, XX7479, or XX7478)
- 1x strand of 6077 Floral Lights Waterfall 130cm
- 8x pieces of 6cm long bendable wire
- Arrange the 12x Aspen Leaf stems down the centre of the table, place strategically so the stems are mostly covered by leaves.
- Secure the stems in place with the 6cm long pieces of bendable wire, working from one end down to the other evenly spaced.
- Next, scatter the champagne succulent picks throughout the table runner.
- Drape the Floral Lights Waterfall strand throughout the runner. The wilder looking, the better!
- Add some metallic pine-cones, berries, or ornaments throughout the final piece to really make it your own!